Complaints Resolution Procedure.

We value you. We aim to treat each and everyone who engage with us fairly, and honestly in order to help you, we would like you to follow a process to resolve your query or complaint as efficiently as possible.

In order to ensure your complaint is dealt with as efficiently as possible, please ensure you have the following in order.

  • The contract/policy/fund/member/investment affected by the complaint.
  • What you expect from us to resolve the issue.
  • Your contact details for us to get hold of you with.
  • Any correspondence from Stonehouse Capital which relates to the complaint (i.e. letters, quotations, previous correspondence, etc).
  • The names of the people you have dealt with so far, if any.
  • The dates and times of these contacts.
  • Any other event that triggered the complaint, for example, an article in a newspaper.

Step 1 - Contact Your Financial Adviser

Assist you with many of the queries and complaints you have. Provide you with updated information. Make certain changes to your contracts and advise you on the effects of the changes. Provide advice within the overall context of your financial needs and long-term financial plans.

Step 2 - Contact Us

The following options are available to you:

Email Address:

Once you have logged your complaint with us, we undertake to:

  • Acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receipt
  • Advise who is dealing with your complaint and their contact details
  • Resolve the complaints as soon as possible but no longer than twenty days
  • Update you with any delay reasons and an expected timeframe for resolution

You may contact the complaints consultant assigned to your complaint at any time.

Step 3 - Escalate To Us

If your complaint was not resolved to your satisfaction with your Financial Adviser or Stonehouse Capital, you may escalate the matter via the channels below and mark it as an escalated complaint:

Email Address:

Step 4 - Contact External Complaint Resolution Bodies

If you have any unresolved complaints or disputes about advice that was given to you by a financial adviser after 30 September 2004, contact the FAIS Ombudsman.

If your complaint is still not resolved to your satisfaction after the escalation step above, you can use one of the external complaint resolution bodies assigned to look after your interests as a customer at industry level, as listed below.

If you have any unresolved complaints or disputes about policy/contractual issues or the way that your contract is administered, contact the Ombudsman for Long Term Insurance.

Ombudsman For Long Term Insurance

Private Bag X45

If you have any unresolved complaints or disputes about your Retirement Annuity or Corporate Fund (including Pension, Provident and Preservation funds, etc.) that are subject to the jurisdiction of the Pension Funds Act, contact the Pension Funds Adjudicator.

Pension Funds Adjudicator

PO Box 580

FAIS Ombudsman

PO Box 41
Menlyn Park

If you have any unresolved complaints or disputes around how the industry is regulated, contact the Financial Sector Conduct Authority.


PO Box 35655
Menlo Park